Kew Gardens Tickets and Dates
- The treetop walkway, Climbers & Creepers, the Children’s Garden, the galleries, Kew Palace and Kew Explorer are currently closed
- Children aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Only adults with children are able to enter The Children's Garden along with their valid ticket
- Only registered disability assistance dogs are allowed in the gardens
- Bicycles, tricycles, roller skates, skateboards, micro-scooters, balace bikes and other vehicles (except powered wheelchairs) must be left at the gate
- To protect the lawns ball games and sports are not permitted
- No food or drinks are allowed in the galleries
- The narrow Treetop Walkway is not suitable for mobility scooters and pushchairs
- Manual wheelchairs are welcome in the galleries, please leave buggies in the buggy park provided
- Customers will need to arrive within 45 minutes of their time slot
- The Orchids exhibition will be back in Feb 2021, and will be included in your ticket. Please organise a visiting time slot with reception upon arrival
Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew, Surrey, TW9 3AB
Nearest Train Station: Kew Bridge
Nearest Underground Station: Kew Gardens
Bus Routes: 65, 391, 237, 267
Golden Tours act as an official agent for these activities, as such you are subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier.
The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew is a World Heritage Site located in 300 acres of stunning vistas and 6 magnificent glasshouses set in a beautiful landscape beside the River Thames between Richmond and Kew in south-west London. This summer is the perfect time to visit.Entrance includes seasonal exhibitions and activities - some of which include hands-on sessions which are available after entry. Entrance also includes Kew's Rhizotron and Xstrata Treetop Walkway which takes you on a breathtaking tour under the ground and then 18 metres (59ft) up in the air, bringing you closer to the trees in a way that will take your breath away.
Kew Palace - please note, the Palace will not be open from summer 2020, into autumn 2020.
The most intimate of royal palaces, Kew was built as a private house in 1631 and used by the royal family from 1729 to 1818. Sense the joys and sorrows of past royal lives in intimate detail as King George III and his family come to life through a fascinating display of personal artefacts.
In happier times George III, Queen Charlotte and their 15 children enjoyed a relatively simple domestic routine at Kew, the palace rang with laughter and fun, however in later years the atmosphere darkened as family rivalries become more intense and relationships soured. Kew became a retreat for an ailing King George and a virtual prison for his elder unmarried daughters.
- The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew - a World Heritage Site encompassing 300 acres of splendour on the River Thames
- Experience Kew's Rhizotron and Xstrata Treetop Walkwa
- Explore the finery of this stylish palace, shaped and influenced by generations of Royal women
- Admire the elegant gardens lined with ornamental flower beds, ponds and fountains.
3 December 2020 to 17 January 2021
10:00am – 3:00pm (last entry 2:00pm)
Gardens closed all day on 24 and 25 December
18 January to 31 January 2021
10:00am – 4:15pm (last entry 3:15pm)
1 February to 28 February 2021
10:00am – 5:00pm (last entry 4:00pm)
1 March to 31 March 2021
10:00am* – 6:00pm (last entry 5:00pm)
*11am opening on 26, 27 and 28 March due to Richmond Runfest
- Climbers and Creepers is permanently closed to make way for an exciting new attraction.
- The Marianne North Gallery is closed.
- The Kew Explorer is not running.
- The Pagoda, Queen Charlotte’s Cottage and the Royal Palaces are all closed.
- The Library is not open to the public.
- The Treetop Walkway is closed.
- Some of our benches and toilets are closed off. Open toilets are noted on the map on arrival.
- The Kew Explorer land train is not running.
- The Badger Sett in the Natural Area is closed.
- The Minka House is closed.
- Parking is prohibited on Kew Road and limited around the area. Consider walking or cycling to us if you are able to.
- The limited number of lockers at Victoria Gate are currently closed.
- The Princess of Wales Conservatory will be closed from Monday 11 January 2021 — Friday 5 February 2021.